Monday, July 25, 2011

Kimberton Fair is in the Air!!!

As I was searching the net for fun things to do in my boring old life, I stumbled across the website for Kimberton Fair. Had I driven on Rt 113, the Kimberton Fair's existence would have been made painfully obvious to me.  The traffic is always horrendous, and I usually steer clear at all costs.  This year. however, all that has changed when I discovered:


I'm not one to brag, or to be a future Toddlers and Tiaras mom, but my baby is pretty darn cute.  Why shouldn't she be recognized for the sweetheart that she is?  I mean look at this face:

WHOOPS!  I meant this face:



It should be hilarious!  Come out and see Callie take on the babies in the Class 2 division on Saturday, July 30 at 3:10pm!  And get some of the famous fair donuts while you are out there cheering us on!

POST CONTEST DETAILS:

I have to say, we were lucky the day of the contest.  Callie took a BIG nap before leaving so she was as fresh as a daisy on the first day of spring.  We cycled through a few outfits before loading into the car.

We arrived early so I could scope out the competition. It was hotter than hell outside, and we were all dripping sweat in the bingo tent.  Surprisingly, the babies kept their cool!  I expected it to be the tent of human wailing, but I think these babies knewthey had to keep it together for the judges :)

The "contest" was carrying your baby up to a table of judges and hoping that your baby would smile or do something cute. Thankfully, my baby is a known flirt.  She can wrap any waitstaff around her finger within minutes of sitting in a high chair, and the baby contest judges were no match for her either.  I am proud to say, we took 2nd place in the Class 2 (6-9 month) division!  Read more about it in The Phoenix!




The baby contest was honestly my highlight of the fair.  The carnies were mean, the food was ok, and we didn't get any donuts.  If we hadn't taken home a red ribbon, I would have called this a bust.  Was it baby friendly? They did have a large "baby changing tent" (cards tables with butcher paper tablecloths) available connected to the smelly petting zoo and a very scary looking "Elmo" circulating the crowd.  I'm not sure I'd call it "friendly", but there was an effort! 

1 comment:

  1. You might consider getting her a baby spray tan... Judges love stuff like that. That, paired with her adorability, makes her unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete