Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Ideas

This is my first year as a mom on Mother's Day, and I'm seeking something special for the occasion.  My guess is so are you!  So here are some potential ideas of local goodies for Mother's Day:

The Mother's Day Express on the West Chester Railroad rides on Sunday, May 8, Noon and 2 p.m.
The website proclaims a "nostalgic 90 minute train ride to through beautiful Chester Creek Valley ends with a stop at their quaint picnic grove in Glen Mills." Admission is $12.50 for adults, $10.50 for children (ages 2-12), free for toddlers (under 2), and only $5 for mom. I'm not sure how baby is going to do with a 90 minute train ride, but I haven't been on a train in over ten years, and it just sounds like a cool idea. 


Another fun option would be Longwood Gardens.  On both days this weekend there is a Mother's Day brunch that's a bit pricy ($57 a person) but also includes gratiuity, alcohol, and admission to the park.  Nothing would be nicer than taking a stroller ride through some beautiful gardens and then chowing down on a scrumptious brunch.

If you are up for some fun without baby, the Black Walnut Winery Tasting Room in Phoenixville gives moms get a free tasting (tastings are $6 for seven wines) throughout Mother’s Day weekend.  Don't forget to stop by Bridge Street Chocolates for a some delicious truffles to pair with your wine tastings!

Maybe you want (and certainly deserve) a nice massage or pedicure?  Verde Salon and Spa in Phoenixville is open Mother's Day and still has some open appointments.  Drop hints to your hubby and kids now, before it's too late! 

Last Mother's Day I made a big impression on my own mother by taking her to brunch at The Black Lab Bistro.  I do know slots fill up fast, so get your reservation in now! 

Well whatever you choose to do on Mother's Day this year, I hope it's a very special day for you!  I'm getting my husband to babyproof the living room: it's the best present I could think to get! 

No comments:

Post a Comment