Monday, May 2, 2011

Event Review: Just Between Friends Consignment Sale

Wow.  I'm impressed.  After the MOMS of Multiple Consignment Sale chaos, I was dreading the obnoxious Black Friday-esque crowds and hoarding of merchandise at another large consignment sale.  Also, since I was attending the last day of the sale, I expected it to be completely picked clean with only a few stained outfits left for grabs. 

I was very wrong and pleasantly surprised.  This had to be the best and most organized sale I've yet to witness.  Held at the Oaks Expo Center, the venue had plenty of space for stroller access and plenty of space for consignment items.  Despite my vow not to buy any more clothes, when faced with stuffed racks of clothes without having to fight other mothers for a peak, I went weak in the knees.  My expectant sister-in-law also found herself with an armful of clothes for an already well stocked baby. 

As for the other items, I bought a space saver high chair for THREE DOLLARS (at Babies R Us they were over $50!).  Although slightly more expensive, I got a Tickle Me Elmo which my daughter now adores.  Had I needed them, there were strollers, bouncy chairs, plays gyms, books, toys, cribs, blankets, bottles, breast pumps, boppy pillows, and anything else a mother might want. 

I will definately be back for the Fall sale (and post details closer to the date). I'm going to try my hand at consigning this time too.  The cashier told me that you get 65% of your sales and a check promptly two days after the sale.  Not too shabby.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that it was great! I had never been before, but was driving home past the expo center (also on the last day) and decided to stop in and see if there was anything worthwhile. My oldest just learned to read so I snagged a *ton* of books for dirt cheap (some science books I've been wanting to get and watching for on ebay/craigslist b/c they're $8 each new...got 8 of them for $2.50 total!). I got close to 20 books (stage 1 or 2 readers) and a shirt for my little guy for $9.

    I'll definitely be back in the fall. There's a consignment sale on May 14-15th -- the Bitty Bees sale at the big church by the Kimberton Fairgrounds. St. Basils I think? I've been to that before and gotten good deals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ I mean total it was $9...no way would I pay $9 for one shirt at a sale! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check out that next sale! THanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete