Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's Fun to Play at the YMCA

As summer quickly approaches, I made a vow to  myself to get back the Y instead of paying for a membership I never use.  My husband manages to get there and raves about the $2 an hour babysitting service for members while they workout.  Maybe, just maybe, I too, could put my baby in the care of trained professionals while I sweat off some of these stubborn pregnancy pounds.

Or...I could find classes that both me and the baby could enjoy.  You could take a look at the Summer YMCA Program Guide yourself, or take some suggestions from me.

Ever since the little bear turned 6 months old, I've wanted to take her swimming.  Yet I'm terrified of her drowning as I'm not the most competent swimmer myself.  This is why the Y's five 2-week swimming programs sound ideal for getting our feet wet.  Classes at Phoenixville Y are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:35-10:05am and again at 6:40-7:10pm starting June 13th for "shrimps and kippers" (6-18month olds).

I'm also thinking of checking out "Stroller Fitness" class. The program guide claims it's a "total body workout including power walking and toning exercises."  I say, "why not?" Come join me Mondays from 9:30am-10:15am. 

Well, now that I've posted it publicly, I guess I have to go back to the gym!  See you there ladies and gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment