Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Event Review: Hartstrings Warehouse Sale

    So I’ve been like a moth to light with sales lately, hence I couldn’t stay away from the Hartstrings Warehouse Sale at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center despite having a child in tow who had just received her 4 month shots (she was sleeping…she’s quite a trooper).  After perusing the Hartstrings website, I notice how darn expensive their clothes are originally.  I had my eye on this little strawberry dress until I saw the price tag. Take a guess how much....
If you guessed $40, you'd be right!  Who buys this stuff full price?  They can only wear it 3 months (if you're lucky). So you can see how a sale that promises 50-70% off ticket price, might appeal to me (and many other mothers). 
However, by the time I got to the sale, a mere 2 hours after the doors opened, all the real discount items from the previous season were picked clean.  The new stuff was out on the racks, but there wasn't a whole lot to choose from for infants.  In fact, it was disappointing how little there was for my baby girl.  We found a cute pair of lady bug pants, but after eyeballing the line that stretched for a mile, we decided it just wasn't worth it. 
The sale would be more of a bargain if you had older kids, as the selection was more diverse for toddlers on up.  However, even with half off, these outfits are seriously overpriced.  I'd pass along the info to a rich relative who loves to shop for your baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment