Saturday, March 12, 2011

Event Review: St. Luke's UCC Consignment Sale

Well, sometimes you can't be the early bird to these things.  I had a early admission pass for Friday night to get into the exclusive St. Luke's Consignment Sale, but a long day of work left me feeling a bit lazy.  So I decided to wait until Saturday morning like the rest of the unprivileged public.  Then baby seemed to forget how to sleep through the night...is this the dreaded 4 month sleep regression I have heard of in hushed whispers around Moms' groups?  Whatever it was, I was NOT in the mood to go to a glorified yard sale at 6:30am after getting only a few hours of sleep.  So I "slept while baby slept" until about 9:30am when I finally managed to get my butt in gear and go to get someone else's trash, but soon to be my treasure.

It was the final hour of the sale, and I'm racing down Rt. 113 to get there in time to clean up on the leftovers.  Little did I know but the cars in front and back of me are also headed to the same place!  I feel slightly guilty for being impatient at the mommy in the car in front of me who drove way too slow.   The parking lot is packed, and there are streams of parents and children loading up goodies by the trunk full.  I'm wondering if there's anything left.

I couldn't believe it, but there was a ton of clothes, toys, books, strollers, baths, and more left over and marked down to 50% off!  I managed to get a stroller for $15, a super cute Easter dress for $2, and three baby photo albums for another $2!  I had my eye on a bouncer, but it was looking too big for my apartment.  My husband and I would have to get rid of the coffee table to get it in the living room.  If I hadn't been overwhelmed by the crowd, I probably would have stuck around longer.  I was really glad I didn't have the baby with me, but there were a million babies in bjorns checking out the merchandise. 

I will definately be back next year, but next time I'll get there early.  I can only imagine what goodies I missed out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment