Saturday, March 19, 2011

Event Review: Moms of Multiples Consignment Sale

What I thought was arriving early to the event was apparently not early enough. I showed up at 8:40am (20 minutes before the doors opened), and already the field outside the Church Farm School looked like the parking situation at a Phillies game. The line to get in was probably a mile long (no exaggeration), and I was more than grateful that my husband was back at home babysitting. Thankfully it wasn't raining like the forecast predicted yesterday.

As I stood in line, the lovely ladies of the consignment sale started handing out industrial size garbage bags for shoppers to horde goodies in. It was at this moment I knew I was in over my head. I really only wanted a couple of outfits and maybe a high chair. I felt like I was in line for Filine's Basement Wedding Dress Sale. I expected pandemonium as soon as the doors opened.

However, when "open sesame" time came, the line moved quickly and orderly. By the time I got in I saw many people had already filled their bags to capacity. I immediately went to the closest rack that caught my eye: the clothes. This was a very bad move ladies. You have to head to big ticket items first, and if you even remotely think you want something, you have to grab it immediately or it won't be there next time you swing around.

I did manage to get an awesome carrier backpack (practically brand new) for $40, some small toys, a new baby bathtub, and a few cute summer dresses. I managed to get in the 10 items or less line (which was pretty damn long, but not even close to as long as the other line which snaked around the building).

The sale offered EVERYTHING, even breast pumps and maternity clothes. I would highly recommend going to the next sale on Sept 21, 2011 (more to come on dates/time) but get there EARLY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment