Monday, March 21, 2011

Restaurant Review: Max and Erma's

So, I’ve been meaning to post this for a while since Max and Erma’s fresh baked cookies call to me in the night. It’s got a reputation for being family-friendly, but is it baby friendly? I’m kind of on the fence on this one. Since I love their food, I really want it to be perfect. However, in all honesty, it does have some disappointments. Or maybe I’m just cranky as I write this. You be the judge.

Stroller accessibility: 3 They aren’t going to allow you to take your stroller to your table, but you’ll get in in the door.

Dirty Diaper Changing: 5 A nice private stall with a changing table is available.

Family Friendliness: 4 You may think I’m crazy for giving Max and Erma’s a 4, but hear me out. Despite having a kid’s menu and all that jazz, I’ve been here three times with the baby and not once has anyone offered me a high chair or sling for the baby carrier. I’ve had to squeeze it in the booth with me, and I find that extremely annoying.

Nursing Possibilities: 2 There are a couple of tables out of sight where I think it would be possible to nurse discreetly.

Ps. I'm trying to compile a list of local restaurants that have changing tables in the bathrooms.  If you know of one I haven't yet reviewed, please comment below.  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. In Philadelphia - Convention Center bathroom - has a changing table, but it is in an AWFUL location! It's right by the door. AWFUL AWFUL. Just FYI in case you ever go to an event in the city!

    Olive Garden in Collegeville was very friendly in that they offered a sling thing for the car seat but I def forgot to check for a changing table.

    Chilis in Downingtown near the Regal theatre has a changing table, it is right by the door (instead of in the big bathroom). Why do places do that!??! ANNOYING.

    Freskada - LOVE their bathroom, so modern and clean. Changing table IN big bathroom even in this smaller restaurant = score! It is in the same shopping center as Appetites on Main and the BRU.

    ReplyDelete