Friday, February 4, 2011

Philadelphia Premium Outlets: Take One

Yesterday after the MOMs group, I was packing my daughter into the car and realized “Wow, it’s a really nice sunny day!”  Does this warrant a trip to the park?  More like a trip to the parking lot of the Philadelphia Premium Outlets.  I have been dying to get to the Carter’s outlet as I am addicted to their incredibly adorable clothing.  Just look at my daughter in this adorably cute Carter’s polar bears outfit (It was so cute I bought it in two sizes so she could wear it longer):

Anyway, I drove home to get my daughter appropriately dressed for an outdoor excursion (i.e. the Old Navy bear suit) and collect my hubby for some fun in the sun.  What I didn’t count on was it getting much colder in the short hour between events.  While baby was sweating under her double fleece enclosures, I was freezing my butt off (mainly because due to breast feeding, my winter coats still don’t fit).  We headed straight from the car into Ruby Tuesdays for warmth and a lunch. 
I was surprised to see at least four strollers already parked in the foyer of the restaurant.  Obviously we weren’t the only ones with babies who knew about this secret family friendly haven.  I won’t do a full review here, but let’s just say they have a changing table in the restroom (and it was an aluminum space-aged looking changing table at that).  As I was leaving the bathroom, I discovered another mommy friend who also had the same idea about stroller walk at the outlets.  See it’s good to get out!
I had big ambitions to check out all the children’s stores, but I only managed two!  The Children’s Place disappointingly had no clothing for a baby under 6months (Why?). On a side note, I also tried visiting The Children's Place at KOP mall and the employees had rudely cut off access to the newborn section and obviously I had a newborn with me. Despite standing there looking longingly at the clothes I wanted to buy but could not get to, the employees continued to ignore me and, hence, lost my business.  That's two strikes Children's Place!  One more and you're out!
Anyway, back to the story at hand, we stopped beating around the bush and got to Carter's.  It was like heaven on earth.  No joke.  I bought $40 worth of stuff she’ll probably grow out of in two days, but it was all so cute, and I couldn’t stop.  Even my husband ended up going gaga over some footies. 
We emerged from Carter's triumphant.  I saw Heartstrings and OshKosh B’Gosh a few doors down, but I was already tired, cold, and cranky as soon as a gust of arctic wind hit me in the face.  Hence, I entitle this "Take One", because I will be back to properly review this beast.  It just might take a few installments! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! You really found some fun stuff in your area!! Apparently Calliope is a born shopper..my kids just had to enter a store to start screaming/pooping/both! Sounds as if you all had a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Premium outlets are a group of outlets that offer the finest brands of unique outdoor settings. These outlets sally offer impressive saving of up to 65%. This means anytime you shop in these outlets, you are exempted 65% of the products’ price. Major industry players include: Woodbury common Premium Outlets (New York), Orlando premium Outlets, Las Vegas premium outlets and Desert hills premium outlets in Palm springs, California. In addition to these major industry players, there are other players such as Toronto premium Outlets in Canada, Johor premium outlets in Malaysia, premium outlets Punta Norte in Mexico, Go Temba premium outlets, sane premium outlets, and Ami premium outlets in Tokyo, Japan.

    ReplyDelete