Friday, February 11, 2011

The Year of the Rabbit: Come Celebrate Chinese New Year's @ the Penn Museum

What you might not know about me is that I participate in a little experiment called "Fearless Fridays," where I attempt to shed my rookie mom fears and do something bold.  This week, I'm moving "Fearless Friday" to "Scared No More Saturday" to participate in the Penn Museum's Chinese New Year's Celebration.  In order to do this I must brave Rt. 76 with baby on board.  Normally, this highway scares the crap out of me without my progeny in the backseat; so this will be quite the challenge. 

However, the events, while not necessarily infant friendly, are very kid friendly.  There will be music, dancing, calligraphy demonstrations for children, kung fu, tai chi, and even a parade!  It sounds absolutely wonderful, so I hope you might join us out there as well. Activities run from 11am-4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment